Our Sunday Services are both Virtual and In-Person. NO registration needed to attend in-person. When enter Church, lectern side (right) for those fully vaccinated who are not social distancing or wearing a mask. Pulpit side (left) for those not fully vaccinated or are still following safety protocols of wearing a mask and social distancing.
For Video click on FaceBook Link to Live Service – (Goes Live 10 – 15 minutes early)
To make a one-time gift, click on the above link and select “Plate Income” as the Fund.
Thank you for supporting our Mission and Ministries.
St. Peter’s third annual Flags for Heroes are flying from May 26 to June 2, 2021 on the south front section of historic St. Peter’s Cemetery on N. Main Street Ext., Smyrna; across from the George C. Wright Jr. Memorial Park.
It’s possible Anglican services were held as early as 1706 in our area. The initial records for St. Peter’s were contained in the parish records of Christ Episcopal Church in Dover, which were destroyed in a fire in the early nineteenth-century. We do know in 1740 Mr. Thomas Green donated one acre of land in Duck Creek for a church and graveyard. A small wooden chapel was completed in 1744. The chapel needed to be replaced with a larger brick church 20 years later. At the time, we were sharing the Rev. Charles Inglis with Christ Church, Dover and he named the new brick church St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in 1764.
Our Historic Cemetery
On May 17, 1740, one acre of land, located between Green’s Branch and the Duck Creek Crossroads, was donated by Mr. Thomas Green for the purpose of a church and graveyard. The original wooden chapel finished in 1744 as well as the larger brick church built in 1764 were located on this site. When the Vestry decided to move the church building closer to the center of town in 1827, the brick church was razed. This property was then used solely as a cemetery. Initially, the main road was called King’s Highway and today, this road is an extension of North Main Street.